How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had been on disability SS since 2000, I finally could

Customer Question

I had been on disability SS since 2000 , I finally could retire at 66. Yesterday I received a letter from SS disability , saying they were goingback through 2012 and they of course said I was overpaid They had been taking money since 203 for overpments Anyway the letter stated if I don't pay in 30 days they would put me back on disability with 800$ a month which I was receiving on disability , since retirement I receive 1200$, they will not leave me alone . I had this very same thing on and on for years I get so anxious I cant eat or sleep
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

When you say you were on "disability SS" since 2000, do you really mean you were on Supplement Security Income (welfare program if Social Security Disability is not an option)?

Also, you have have a typo above "203" - do you mean 2003 or do you mean 2013?

On what basis did you incur an overpayment?