Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have been disabled since Jan, 1 2016. I was approved

Customer Question

I have been disabled since Jan, 1 2016. I was approved for social security disability 3 months ago and still haven't received any benefits. What can I do to speed this up. My name is***** and my social is 257 190 575
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

OK, Pam, here is how it works. If you became disabled in January, then you have to remember that the first 5 FULL months of being disabled are a "waiting" period - no moneys due. So, Feb, Mar, Apr, May and June you were not due anything. Your first "due" month is for July, then. You have to live through all of a month in order to be due money for that month. So, therefore, your pay for July will be due and payable as of Aug. 1. Then, depending on what date of the month your birthday falls on, you will get your check either the 2nd, 3rd or 4th Wednesday in August and each month thereafter.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!