Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am in the process of refinancing my home. The mortgage

Customer Question

I am in the process of refinancing my home. The mortgage company has requested a copy of my social security award letter. How to I request/ obtain this? Can I get it my email if I show you a copy of my social security card? My name is***** (Jones) Curry'
Thank you for your assistance.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Dr. Fiona Chen replied 1 year ago.

Dear *****,

If you have social security income, you would have gotten many letters from the social security administration, which you could have shown to the mortgage company. Is there any reason your mortgage company thinks that you have social security income? (retirement or disability income?)

Regards,

Fiona Chen, MPA, PH.D., CPA, ABV, CFF, CITP

Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

A different Professional here.

Your Question:

Thank you for your assistance.

Response: You can request for the award letter online or the phone from Social Security Administration or go to the local office of Social Security Administration and get a printout.

Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this.

Thank you for your cooperation.