How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be 66 years old August 15, 2016. Male. I am still

Customer Question

I will be 66 years old August 15, 2016. Male. I am still working and my annual income is about $ 100,000. My spouse is a retired school teacher receiving her pension from PSRS. She also had some social security taken out thru the years. I have been told my monthly SS payment would be about $ 2400 / month at age 66.... about $ 3400 at age 70. If I start taking social security at 66 and continue working, how much can I expect to pay in federal taxes on a monthly basis? Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

You'll have to tell me how you fle (married filing jointly, married filing separately,) That will determine that amount OF social security that is taxed likely 85%, unless filing separately, then it's all taxable, and how much your wife's pension is.