How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15328
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am buying a house daughter and have filled out 1,000 forms

Customer Question

I am buying a house for my daughter and have filled out 1,000 forms it seems but I never have all I need--now in a few days before the 5th of july I have to have a statement of my benefits I have received in 2016 to prove that I am still on SS. My bank statements and previous years statements have not satisfied them. Please help--210 30 0907 Judith M Knudson jan 8, 1940
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


You do not have to go into the SSA office to receive that.

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to

Set up your account if you have never done so and then you can request the letter from there .

You are required to rate in a positive way (look for the STARS or SMILEY FACES) if I am to be credited with responding.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Checking to see if you responded