How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

The name on my social security cared lists my middle name,

Customer Question

The name on my social security cared lists my middle name, maiden name, and married name. It omits my first given name as shown on my birth certificate.
Division of Motor Vehicles will not issue a new drivers license to me.
Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

You need to request a new socials security card. It is not just DMV you will have problem with. When you file a tax return and your name on your return will not match the name on your socials security card, you return will be rejected. You will also have a problem when you apply for any type of government benefits, like unemployment. Most government agencies check their records with social security records.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?