How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Re: Correcting Earnings Records I've reviewed the earnings

Customer Question

Re: Correcting Earnings Records
I've reviewed the earnings records from Social Security and think there
are some errors; what is the best way to have them corrected? Would
I have to visit a local office?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mark. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

To correct your records, first you need to gather the your documents to proof your claim, like W2, tax returns, pay stubs and such. Than you can call SSA at 1-***-***-**** start the investigation. You may need to fax/mail copies of your documents or drop it off at your local office if you want. It will take some time for SSA to investigate and to correct your records.

It may not be necessary to visit your local office.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Here's link to the SS flier with step by step instructions: