How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15607
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife passed away at 61 yrs. 8 months. paid ss all of her

Customer Question

my wife passed away at 61 yrs. 8 months. paid ss all of her working days. am I entitiled to any help on her burial?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.


Please accept my condolences.

A surviving spouse may receive a special lump-sum death payment of $255 from SSA. That is generally not enough to cover a burial.

It is unfortunate but there is no additional amount they offer for that expense.