How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29975
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I startted to get my social security not ago at age 66 which

Customer Question

i startted to get my social security not long ago at age 66 which was last year i live in israel now i became disable around 16 years ago i did not knew the procedures and now im 67 and getting around 315$ a month since last year in israel i been Define as 100% Disabel on 3 category 1) genral Disability 100% 2)special services(inability tofunction at home alone) 105% 3)limited mobility after knee replacement both hip 80% im asking whethver my status can change or ad to my pension my email is***@******.*** my name is ***** ***** thanks
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

Your social security benefits will NOT change.
Disability social security benefits are allowed only before full retirement age after that age - they are converted to regular retirement benefits.

Your FRA - full retirement age is 66.

So - you will continue to receive regular retirement benefits after that age.

Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for taking me to understand that i have to report before i reached the age of retirement and now its to late
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

Many people wonder how the SSA figures their Social Security retirement benefit.

The Social Security Administration bases Social Security benefits on your lifetime earnings.

They adjust or index your actual earnings to account for changes in average wages since the year the earnings were received.

Then the Social Security Administration calculates your average indexed monthly earnings during the 35 years in which you earned the most.

And after that - they apply a formula to these earnings and arrive at your basic benefit, or primary insurance amount.

This is how much you would receive at your full retirement age.So depending on your earning record - it is possible that there are some missing years or earning.Also additional years of earning might increase your benefits.

If so - that could affect your social security benefit calculations and you may contact the Social Security Administration and verify if all information is correct.

Following publication might be helpful for better understanding the calculations.


I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.

If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.

I am here to help you with all tax related issues.