How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Megan C Your Own Question
Megan C
Megan C, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 16580
Experience:  Licensed CPA, CMA, CFE, CGMA M.Accy Also Teach Accounting courses at Master's Level
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Megan C is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Social Security sent me a letter re: Employee Retirement

Customer Question

Social Security sent me a letter re: Employee Retirement Benefit with my former employer. Contacted company to receive monthly benefit, Company stated benefit plan terminated in 1985. .Employed from 1972 thrur 1982. . What happened to monies in plan and cam Labor Dept. investigate this matter on my behalf.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Megan C replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question -- the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation is where you would need to look to see if you have a shot at getting some of your earned benefits. When a plan goes belly up, the PBGC takes over. is the link of where to go to begin your research.

Please let me know if you need anything additional. If not, please rate positive.