How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to start drawing benefits but I still want to work 2

Customer Question

I want to start drawing benefits but I still want to work 2 more years full time I'm at age 66 what's my tax burden
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Your tax burden doesn't change based on your age. However, it is true that when you work and have a resulting higher income, the likelihood of having part of your SS income taxed right along with your working income, is increased. So, whatever tax bracket you end up in, will be applied to that portion of your SS income that is taxed as well.