dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have to make life insurance decisions this month. R.

Customer Question

I have to make life insurance decisions this month. I am Kent R. Hedman (age 73)###-##-#### My wife is Kathryn L. Hedman (age 73)###-##-#### We both are receiving S.S. benefits now. We are trying to determine what benefits she would be eligible to receive when I die. She is currently a Teacher in the Arlington, TX public school system. There is a retirement . benefit which she can claim when she retires in lump sum or spread out in monthly payments. She is planning on taking a lump sum distribution.
May we have your opinion?
Kent Hedman(###) ###-####***@******.*** ***** Arlington, TX###-##-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Kent,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. You want my opinion on what? You have merely stated some facts. What do you need to determine?

2. How much of a lump sum will she take?

3. Are you getting a social security retirement benefit now?

4. Is she getting a social security benefit now?

5. Will you die before she retires and takes the lump sum? ( I know it seems an odd question but it does matter under the law).

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want my $39.00 back!I don't know how Just Answer got a BBB rating when it appearsto be bait and switch.Please, confirm redemption of my funds. Kent Hedman
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

You are not obligated to accept a phone call if you don't want. This is hardly a bait and switch. However, I need more information before I can help you. I am not a mind reader and have no idea what you are trying to learn or accomplish.

If you care to respond to my questions I can assist you. You are also free to ask for a refund. It is your choice.

Doug