How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29965
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I married Phillip in 1973 and divorced in 1975. He married

Customer Question

I married Phillip in 1973 and divorced in 1975. He married and divorced again after that. He passed away in 2002. Am I eligible for his benefits?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

You may be eligible for social security benefits based on your divorced spouse working record if you were married at least ten years.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

As you were married for two years - you would not be eligible.

Sorry if you expected differently.

Please verify if you correctly stated years of marriage and divorce.