How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29575
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I get my bank account number changed so they can

Customer Question

How do I get my bank account number changed so they can deposit my Social Sec. check in the right acct since you can't reach them?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a my Social Security account

and start or change Direct Deposit online. You also can sign up at your bank, credit union, or savings and loan.

Or call Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).

Here are specific publication about getting electronic payments


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I believe I tried this but will try again.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

If you are not able to make changes online - you may simply call the SSA or just visit a local SSA office.

Let me know your zip code and I will find location serving your area,