How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29971
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I need a Proof of Income Letter mother-n-law. : She is in a

Customer Question

good morning, I need a Proof of Income Letter for my mother-n-law.
JA: The Retirement Accountant will know how to help. Please tell me more, so we can help you best.
Customer: She is in a rehab facility right now and we are going to be placing her in a assisted living facility soon.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Retirement Accountant should know?
Customer: no ma'am
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Retirement Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

The Proof of Income Letter is normally provided by an employer.

If your mother-n-law receive social security benefits - it is a benefit verification letter.

This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person - your mother-n-law must do that in person.


She can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.
If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

You may also visit a local SSA office. Let me know your zip code - and I will find the office serving your area.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't want to join any thing for personal questions with doctor's, etc. If this is what I have done, per the email that I just received. I need to cancel now. Please advise what will need to be done.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

First of all - regarding your question.

Please verify if your mother-n-law receives any other income - in additional to her social security benefits - she would need a similar verification letter from each payer.

Let me know if you need help with that.

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.


If your question was answered -

I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.

Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.


Please be aware that experts do not have access to your account - and if you are not sure if you signed for subscription - you might want to contact the customer service.

You will find contact information here -

Let me know if you need help with that.


If undead you signed for subscription

here is information how to cancel

If you have any issues with that - please let me know.