How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 37459
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have low vision and am on social security. I am 65 years

Customer Question

I have low vision and am on social security. I am 65 years old and have been on ocial security for over a year
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon Anne,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What is it you need to know?


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am on social security am vision impaired, is their anything social security ca do for me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you need to know?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

You say that you are already on social security. Alright, and you are visually impaired.

I'm not sure what you are asking. If you are under 66 and disabled, you can apply for SSDI. That would pay you a little more than you are receiving if you are already taking early social security retirement.

There are no sources of social security money for you aside from SSDI if you are proven disabled, and your retirement benefit.

So if you are asking whether there are benefits for you based on your disability and age other than retirement benefits or disability benefits, then no---those are it I'm afraid.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,


Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is what I need to know. Yhank you, someone mentioned yhey thought SS would do more.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,