Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

MY BIRTHDAY IS 1/15/1954 ,62YERS I APPLAYED MARCH. I GAT A

Customer Question

MY BIRTHDAY IS ***** ,62YERS I APPLAYED MARCH.
I GAT A SOCIAL SECURITY .FOR MARCH AND APRIL, BUT ICAN,T GET JANUARY AND FEBRUARY.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.

Unfortunately, because you have not reached full retirement age (age 66), you will not be able to receive payments for January and February. In order to have been able to receive payments for January and February, your application could have been made in October, 2015 (3 months in advance of when you wanted your payments to start).

According to Social Security, "You may be entitled to monthly benefits retroactively for months before the month you filed an application for benefits. For example, full retirement age claims and survivor claims may be paid for up to six months retroactively. In certain cases, benefits involving disability up to 12 months may be paid retroactively."

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Thank you and best regards,

Barb

Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.

Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please let me know so I can assist you further.

Best regards,

Barb