How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask emc011075 Your Own Question
emc011075, Tax Adviser
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3173
Experience:  Tax adviser IRS licensed Enrolled Agent and tax instructor
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
emc011075 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am currently receiving ss from my late deceased husband -

Customer Question

I am currently receiving ss from my late deceased husband - I was told that I could collect
my ss from my work status at full retirement - I was born in 1951. Can you please tell me
my full retirement age and if the representative advised me correctly?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

Hi Brenda. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.

Your full retirement age is 66.

You can only collect one benefits at the time. If your own benefits are higher than your survivor benefits you can switch to your own. SSA will pay you the highest benefits you are eligible for. But you will not get your own benefits in addition to your survivor benefits.

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

I see you read my respond. Do you have any questions? Is there anything else I can help you with today?

Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.

And if this answered your question, please take a moment to rate my response so that I may receive credit for assisting you today. You find the rating bar on the top of the page – 5 stars. However, if you need clarification, or want to discuss this issue further, let me know. Thank you.