How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had my credit cards and identity used by other

Customer Question

I have had my credit cards and identity used by other people. I want a new name and social security number. I am on disability and married also. How do I do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Yes, you can change your name and request a new social security number if using your current number is ***** continuing problems for instance with your disability eligibility. To change your name you will have to file an application at your local courthouse and to change your social security number you will have to make an appointment at your local social security office. Here's the process: