How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29581
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im retired now when i went to the ss office before my

Customer Question

Im retired now when i went to the ss office before my retirement i ask the person there that i was a veteran if i had other benefits and he said no but now i found that if you served between 1957 to 2001 you do i served from 1966 to 1968 please advice
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Service in 1957 Through 1977 -- You are credited with $300 in additional earnings for each calendar quarter in which you received active duty basic pay.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
If your active military service occurred From 1957 through 1967, the SSA should add the extra credits to your record when you apply for Social Security benefits.From 1968 through 2001, you do not need to do anything to receive these extra credits. The credits were automatically added to your record.After 2001, there are no special extra earnings credits for military service.Let me know if that answered your question.