How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19113
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We opened a checking with a local bank and gave Social

Customer Question

We opened a checking with a local bank and gave Social Security the deposit information. The bank received a deposit from out of state and they said it was a fraud and closed our checking account. We cannot find our Social Security checks and the bank said they sent all of our pending deposits back to the original source. How can we get our SS checks this month? We have bills to pay. Thank you [email protected] Kay Long
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You need to go to local Office of Social Security Administration and sit down with a Representative. The Representative would check the database to see where the direct deposits went. If the direct deposits were sent back to the Treasury department, the Representative would be able to find out this information. If so, your direct deposits would be reissued. If the direct deposits are just missing, the Representative would also put in a request for replacement deposits. In the meantime, before you go to the local office of Social Security Administration, you need to go to a different bank and open another account for your Social Security deposits. Then provide this information to Social Security Administration. You need to complete a new direct deposit form. Click on the link below for more information: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.