How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19021
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

In 2000 I arrived in Honolulu,Hawaii from a 5 year Esl

Customer Question

In 2000 I arrived in Honolulu,Hawaii from a 5 year Esl teaching assignment in South
Korea. For over a decade I lived in woods w/tent as a Stanford grad., Class 0f 1968.
In 2010 I applied for early ssn. Benefits at age 63., receiving the 50% amount.
In 2014 I got housing from my military experience, '76-'79, a medic, 82nd Airborne Div..
My Question: I took the early benefit due to the difficult circumstance in Sherwood Forest,
( tent burned, theft, centipede bites). Can I possibly refund the amount I was paid for
Early claim benefits and be allowed full benefits as I continue to live in stringent financial
Situation? I never really gave the female ssn. Interviewer much detail about my situation
In 2010. Sincerely, ***** ***** Nines. B.A. Stanford, Psychology.( during the decade I
Taught myself the butterfly and wrote 850 letters )
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, you cannot withdraw your application now, repay your benefits, and then reapply again to get the full benefits. You are only allowed to do this before the 12th month after your application. it is too late withdraw and reapply. For more information, click on the link below: Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Related Social Security Questions