How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 5156
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 78 and collecting social security. I am currently

Customer Question

I am 78 and collecting social security. I am currently working part time at a company that is closing and moving to Missouri. As a displaced worker am I eligible for unemployment insurance after the company closes this plant.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
you are. The fact that you collect SS benefits does not effect your right to also collect unemployment benefits as well. I wish you well.