dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS MENTALLY HANDICAPPED, & IS SUPPOSED TO

Customer Question

MY GRANDDAUGHTER IS MENTALLY HANDICAPPED, & IS SUPPOSED TO GET A CHECK AT THE END OF THIS MO. SHE HAS TAKEN UP WITH A HOMELESS MAN , WHO HAS MANIPULATED HER TO GET HER TO CHANGE HER PAYEE TO HIM OR A FRIEND OF HIS SO HE CAN GET HER CHECK..THIS HOMELESS MANS NAME IS DANIEL GLEN ORR HE IS A METH ADDICT, HE HAS USED HER (LENECE MARIE GRAHAM), TO STEAL THINGS FOR HIM TO PAWN, SO HE CAN BUY HIS METH. HE HAS HAD HER STEAL FROM ME, I GOT THE STUFF BACK IN PROPERTY COURT, THERE ARE RECORDS BOTH A EASY PAWN, & THE TULSA CO. COURT HOUSE, THERE ARE WARRENTS FOR THEFT FROM RETAILERS IN OKLA. CITY, & TULSA. HE HAS GONE TO ***** IN TULSA, I DON`T KNOW WHAT HE HAS TOLD THEM, BUT HE GOT THEM TO CHANGE THE PAYEE...THE DAY WE GOT THE BACK PAY ,HE CALLED THE PAYEE, HER GRANDMOTHER, & DEMANDED SHE GIVE HIM THAT MONEY IN CASH RIGHT NOW OR WE ALL WOULD BE REGRETTING IT FOR A LONG TIME, THERE ARE SEVERAL WITNESSES TO THE THREATS HE HAS MADE. I NEED YO KNOW IF THE PAYEE CHANGE CAN BE PUT ON HOLD, UNTIL DANIEL ORR CAN BE CHECKED OUT,LOOK AT HIS BACKGROUND. HE USES WOMEN LIKE LENECE.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  dylatess replied 1 year ago.
a payee change can be put on hold if the SSA is provided information that someone is trying to take advantage of someone who is not capable of making their own decisions. But without information, the SA will not act on their own. Accordingly, you need to go to any SSA office and give them as much information that you an provide as soon as possible. I wish you well.