How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19624
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I sent in form (provided by SS) 1/19/16 to cancel my Medicare

Customer Question

I sent in form (provided by SS) 1/19/16 to cancel my Medicare Part B benefits. They said it was " scanned in" on Feb 9, 2016. I'm not retired; still work full time. I've called SS multiple times and I'm getting nowhere. In a couple weeks it will be 120 days! Do I need an attorney? Please help! Turned 65 on 3/2015. I'm still getting Medicare bills for part B
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You do not need an Attorney. However, you need to go to the local office of Social Security Administration to find out what is holding up your request. You need to make sure that you bring the original application with you, just in case. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.