How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 83 years oid, an 8 year Navy Flight Engineer,

Customer Question

I am 83 years oid, an 8 year Navy Flight Engineer, Veteran,have had 4 heart operations, Colon cancer and ruptured appendixe at age 65. I spent 17 + years in the Missile and Space business and my retirement is $59.00 a month from working. My Wife and I live on Social Security and all I ever hear is " are you getting all you are entitled to,I don't think so
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Also, are you saying that your SS benefit is ONLY $59/mo? Or is that some other pension? Can you also clarify for me what other sources of income you have and ballpark figure on each amount?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No ,$59.00 is my retirement NOT my Social security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
OK. This is the social security area. If you are questioning your SS amount, I can discuss that with you. If you are discussing an employer provided retirement pay, that is a more private matter between you and your employer, vis a vis your pension administrator and the rules of that pension. If the latter, let me know and I will opt out in case there is a professional in the employment arena that can assist.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Rhe question started out about Social Security ,not my company retirement.There is no way that will change ,but SS is another matter. If you are able to help that is fine ,other wise I jusr spent $5.00 for a pleasant Hello.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
OK, so you are saying you are asking about your company retirement, yes? If so, I will open it up to those that may deal in that field, OK? And don't worry, if no one can help, you can refund your deposit via customer service, no worries, OK?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
NO, Stephanie,please read the last message again. I said there is nothing YOU can do about my company retirement but since you are a Sociall Security Attorneyyou may be able to get an increase in Social Security Benefits.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Mm, not seeing such a post. But, with regard to SS, there are no "increases" unless you believe your calculation by the SSA is wrong OR, if you believe you have other eligible work records (of others) that you believe would be greater amount than what you have. Do either of these scenarios apply to you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None of these items apply to me ,so I thank you for your patience and now you can go bact to work Sincerly JSB
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
You be well. I will opt out JUST in case there is an company pension professional in the ranks here. But if you prefer to close this out, you can do that either way. Sincerely,SOJ :)
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

Related Social Security Questions