How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13549
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 79. I had an agreement with my employer(the company I

Customer Question

I am 79. I had an agreement with my employer(the company I formed initially) which is now on the NYSE that I would be carried until the age of 80, which cmome up in November. I have a letter of credible coverage, from the company which states that I have had continues coverage since I left. I need to get part B from the SS office. under the special application program. Will the coverage of insurance be what is necessary to get Part B, or do I need to stiill be employed?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Generally, creditable coverage can only be had by employees, not retirees getting retiree coverage from their employer. Once you stop being employed, and no longer have creditable coverage, you will want to file for Part B and show you HAD creditable coverage for each year after age 65. Mind you, if you didn't have creditable coverage, you can still get Part B, it is just that you will have a much higher premium (10% increase for every year you didn't have creditable coverage.).
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!