How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15327
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I live in Houston and I submitted my tax return, and it was

Customer Question

I live in Houston and I submitted my tax return, and it was rejected stating my birthday was incorrect. I called IRS they have my birth year as 28 correct is 29. This is the first time this has happened. What do I need to do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloThe IRS gets their information form the Social Security Administration. As you have verified the correct information with the SSA then you have taken the first step we always advise to follow.Right now you will want to mail in your return so you do not have to wait any longer. SSA should have alerted IRS when you called them by updating your file.