How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29794
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 90 yrs old and live with my daughter. She has two minor

Customer Question

I am 90 yrs old and live with my daughter. She has two minor children , divorced with no chid support. My income is my SS at $1100.00 mo. Is ther any program to help her?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

There is a number of help for those in needs.

Just to mention a few options

- housing assistance for persons in need

- food stamps for low income families

- assistance to pay for heating and/or cooling your dwelling

- medical insurance form families with children

- financial aid for education

- tax credits for working families with children.

- subsidies, programs and resources that can help with child care costs.


Each of these have special requirements and qualification - mainly based on personal income.

Let me know if you need any details.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I meant, I live with her which is an added expense for her. Are there any programs to assist me because I live with her?
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

I am not clear on your logic...
The fact of you living with your daughter is an added expense for HER - not for you - but you are asking for the programs to assist YOU?

Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.

If she provides more than half of your living expenses - she could be eligible to claim you as a dependent on HER tax return.

In additional - she may deduct medical expenses she paid for you.

But as you are living with your daughter - and she paid most of living expenses - that is a reduction of your own living costs.