How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am his second wife 23 years and my husband been

Customer Question

I am his second wife for over 23 years and my husband been disabilty for the last 3 years and I just found out his children has been spending his social security money. I don't know what to do. Please tell me what | can do. Thank you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
I believe you are saying that your husband has been on social security disability for 3 years. Does he receive his SSD into his own bank account? Also, does he have a representative payee or does the SSA allow him to handle his own money? How are his children coming into possession of his money?