How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am an 85 year old retired school teacher. I own my home.

Customer Question

I am an 85 year old retired school teacher. I own my home. I have two adult sons that are disabled living with me who receive small SS checks. Our income has stayed the same but everything has gone up in price. Am I eligible to receive money to care for my 2 sons in my home?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. Depending on the level of disability, you may qualify for Medicare waiver program. You would qualify for the payments if you provide care to individuals who otherwise would require care in a hospital, nursing facility, or intermediate care facility. If your sons needs 24/7 supervision, are bed-bound and otherwise cannot take care of their needs, you would qualify for the payments. Otherwise there are no payments for taking care of your relatives.