Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

Does the monthly SS benefit amount change on a month by month

Customer Question

Does the monthly SS benefit amount change on a month by month depending on when you start taking benefits ?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

Yes, it does.

...

The reduction is applied on a monthly basis to the PIA (Primary Insurance Amount ... the benefit that would be received if waiting until full retirement age(FRA).

...

Your FRA is based on when you were born. For those born between 1943 and 1954, for example is age 66.

...

The percentage reduction applied to primary insurance amount is 5/9 of 1% per month for the first 36 months and 5/12 of 1% for each additional month for benefits taken before Full Retirement Age.

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all.

...

If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)

I receive no crediting at all unless you rate in this way.

...

Thank you!

Lane

I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

Hi - Did you see my answer?

...

The short answer is YES ... adn you can read the answer from yesterdsy, if you'd like to know the calculation

...

Let me know if you need more here ... ad if not, I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")

...

JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work unless you rate me positively

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

I’m just checking back in to see how things are going

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks,

Lane

Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.

...

...

Did my answer help?

...

Let me know…

...

Thanks,

Lane