How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3440
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Recieved tax defency waiver notice I recieve ssdi and worked

Customer Question

Recieved tax defency waiver notice I recieve ssdi and worked part time. It states I made 1849.00 to much money although I did not recieve a refund and realize the person helping me do my taxes did not give me the correct information which I believe led me to file incorrecrly. I have no problem making payments to correct the amount which they stated I was over paid but should I sign the waiver to give that back so as not to cause any additional problems where my disability checks are concerned since it was in 2014 tax year and my health is declining. I have not worked at all since then but I am affraid not knowing what to do as these ssdi checks are my only source of income. Please tell me am I making the right choice to sign the wavier and the other form 4059. I just want this over with asap what should I do?
JA: The Accountant will know how to help. Is there anything else important you think the Accountant should know?
Customer: Shoul I write a letter as well to explain? I had my cousins daughter with me that I was helping care for but she was not living with me. The person helping me with my taxes told me I could claim her ob my taxes because I financially was helping care for her. Now I know from what Irs says I could not claim her because she lived with her father. I thought because I was working part time for someone else for cashit was in my best intrest to claim the money I made an at the time thought because I financially. was helping my cousin
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Accountant about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Kindly upload the notice you received.