How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29975
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lost my wife's form SSA1099 Her name is***** and

Customer Question

I lost my wife's form SSA1099
Her name is***** and her ss # *****###-##-####
W0uld you please advise me of her net brnrfits for 2015
Thank you *****
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Hi Howard and welcome to our site!An SSA-1099 is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.If you need a replacement form SSA-1099 - there is a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.Let me kno wif that works for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please provide me with the dollar amount of Ferne g stone's social security benefits
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
I understand your concern - but based on current law and regulations - ONLY the person or his/her legal representative may access that information.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
The SSA will NOT release information from SSA-1099 to me or any other not authorized person.ONLY your wife personally may access such information.I provided above ways for her to access information she needs.Let me know if you were able to resolve your issue?..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.