How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29574
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My wife has not worked whole time that I married her.

Customer Question

My wife has not worked for the whole time that I married her. She is now 75 years old with medicare A&B. How come I am paying $341 every month for a 3 months advance payment? Is this not to high for a medicare coverage? Please check.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Please see here B premium - Most people pay $104.90 each month.Part A premium - Most people don't pay a monthly premium for Part A (sometimes called "premium-free Part A").Questions?
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
How much does Part A cost?You usually don't pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) coverage if you or your spouse paid Medicare taxes while working. This is sometimes called "premium-free Part A."If you buy Part A, you'll pay up to $411 each month.But, most people get premium-free Part A. You can get premium-free Part A at 65 if:You already get retirement benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board.You're eligible to get Social Security or Railroad benefits but haven't filed for them yet.You or your spouse had Medicare-covered government employment.If you're under 65, you can get premium-free Part A if:You got Social Security or Railroad Retirement Board disability benefits for 24 months.You have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and meet certain requirements.In most cases, if you choose to buy Part A, you must also have Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) and pay monthly premiums for both.