How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29570
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I will be turning 66 in August and wish to take my full retirement

Customer Question

I will be turning 66 in August and wish to take my full retirement and continue working, but according to my Section 8 housing I will lose it because I will make too much income. Can I apply for a partial amount of my retirement, and then at age 68 apply for the full amount>?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately - that option - partial social security retirement benefits - is not available...What you may do however - you may delay your social security benefits - and they will grow 8% every year you will delay.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
In additional - when you apply - you may request a lump sum benefits going backward up to 6 months.For instance you may delay benefits till age 66 years and 6 months - and apply retroactively from 66.Let me know if you need clarification this matter.