How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Stephanie O Joy, Esq Your Own Question
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 13549
Experience:  22+ years legal exp. - 12+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Stephanie O Joy, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Social Security declared me dead and took my social security

Customer Question

Social Security declared me dead and took my social security for February and March. I went to our local office on about May 5 and they corrected it and said my momey would be back in my account in 3 to 5 days. As of today I do not have it. Can you help me?
Mary L Martin ###-##-####
My phone number is(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Mary, May 5 was yesterday. Do you mean April 5?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do I am sorry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have been on vacation since the middle of April.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to make sure I get my May social security.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Did you answer my question? Maybe I don't understand how to get it
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Mary, I had an urgent matter.They have an understaff issue at the local office, and I suspect that the ball got dropped between getting it "corrected back in April" and the next step of scheduling the actual payment. If I were you, I'd go back to the office and ask to speak to a manager. And this time, whoever you end up speaking with, follow your meeting up with a confirming letter, mailed certified RRR, detailing the conversation and the promises, and to call you immediately if your understanding is incorrect. Keep a copy of that tracking and green return card, for your file, should they deny you ever had complaints about not receiving. You can also go to and see if you can get in there - that will help confirm if you are still "dead" or not. You can also make any changes to banking info to make sure the right banking info is on file. It is an extremely frustrating and damaging thing when SSA drops the ball at all (such as deciding you were deceased) and then dropping it again when you supposedly have them understanding the first error and agreeing to fix it, then not doing so.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Urgent! There is just one more step needed, so thank you for finishing up! Hello again. It is month end for my little office - Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do eitherof the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being. If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here! Sincerely,Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She did a quick and outstanding Kong for. We have now settled our problem and no longer need. Your help
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
That is great. If you could just rate with the stars (preferably 5 of them), the company can credit me for my time and effort shared with you. It costs you nothing extra. Thanks!