How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29794
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 75 and have been receiving my s.s. since I was 62. I

Customer Question

I am 75 and have been receiving my s.s. since I was 62. I am not receiving my letter at the end of the year, both stating what I received the previous year, and what I should re-
ceive the next year. I didn't get the statements for 20014, or for 2015. Thank you for your help. Nedda Horvath
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My s.s. number is###-##-####
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
Please be aware that information posted is available for general public - do not post any personal or financial information here....An SSA-1099 is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.If you need a replacement form SSA-1099, the SSA has a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.Let me know your zip code - and I will find the SSA office serving your area.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
It is better if you can access only using your own account - and would have the statement and award letter immediately.
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
If for any reason - you will not be able to access your account online - you always may visit a local officeAddress:221 S 45TH ST CORSICANA, TX 75110Phone:1-***-***-**** TTY:1-***-***-****Hours: Monday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PMTuesday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PMWednesday 9:00 AM - 12:00 PMThursday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PMFriday 9:00 AM - 4:00 PMSaturday ClosedSunday Closed.I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.Let me know if you need any further help.