How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our grandsons father gave up his rights 2 yrs ago He is now

Customer Question

Our grandsons father gave up his rights 2 yrs ago He is now 7 In the state of WA even though our daughter has custody there had to be an adoption so that another person besides his mother was also legal guardian. They both live with us in AZ and we financially take care of our grandson We are wanting to know is we can be helped with SS benefits for him as we are retired on SS
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.
Who adopted him? Did you adopt your grandson, to be the second legally responsible 'parent'?