How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3441
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I want to keep my social security monthly amount I want to

Customer Question

I want to keep my social security monthly amount I want to be grandfathered at that rate.
I do not want to have a deduction on May 1st. I am 81 and have been single for 30 years.
I need every penny I can scratcj up to live on.
Jeannette ***** ***** ###-##-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you. At 81, your benefits will not be affected by the new law. The grandfather option only apply to restricted benefits (between age of 66 - 70). What type of deductions are you talking about? Medicare? Voluntary tax withholding?