Social Security

Ask Social Security Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Social Security

My friend had someone get him approved government program.

Customer Question
My friend had someone get...
My friend had someone get him approved for a government program. This program is paying for his prescription insurance and he only has to pay 2.50 for all his scripts. Also he received a extra check for nine thousand dallors. I have been trying to find the app for this and haven't had any luck. I found a app for scripts but it doesnt pay for controlled drugs. His has controlled drugs and I'm also on controlled drugs for the rest of my life. If you can help I would very much appreciate it. I have a very hard time living because of my big copays I pay every month. Truly Renada Sharp
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Social Security
4/30/2016
Social Security Expert: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 1 year ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Kindly provide more information. Is your friend disabled? Are your disabled? Are you collecting any government benefits at this time? Have you asked your friend what and where the application was made for him? In what state do you reside? In what state does your friend reside?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes we are both disabled. Both live in Indiana. I know there was sprogram on t.v but I didn't get a chance to write down the sight. Also t said that this sight would be over in a few days.
Thank you for the information. Are you and your friend collecting any government benefits such as Social Security. Are you on Medicaid or Medicare? Apart from Medicare and Medicaid, I am not aware of any other program that is helping people pay for their prescriptions.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
You said you charged when you had the answer. I don't think I don't know qualifies .. If you can't help. You should gave me my money back. Sure can't afford to pay for nothing
Hello, your account may have been charged by the site. However, I have not been paid anything because I have NOT answered your question yet. I am still trying to get information from you. However, since you have not provided the information that I have requested, I will opt out and let another Attorney to further assist you. Again, I have not been paid because I have NOT provided any answer to you.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm sorry your site charged me and not you. Yes we are both on disability. And both on Medicare. But he daughter had a friend that moved away who got him in a program. But he didn't know how she did it. Sorry for saying you got paid. But the sight said they charged when I got my question answered. They charged me and I'm no better off then I was before. I'm having troble now paying my Bill's because of my persecutions and co pays. The only program I can find don't pay on controlled meds. So again I'm sorry . Hope you understand how I would think that. I was trying to get ahold of social security to ask them and I know that is free but your site is what come up. I can't get Medicaid. So if they don't have a answer, can you notify your site that they billed me . so I'm not pay ing for nothing. Thanks again. Please forgave me. Renada
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 1 year ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Are you receiving ANY government benefits such as1.) Social Security? - How much?2.) Supplemental Security Income? - How much?3.) Medicare4.) Medicaid? 5.) How old are you?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I get around1200.00. Before they take out Medicare and.My insurance payment for wellcare for my scripts. Then I get 618.00. For my pension. I'm fourtynine till may 26. I don't know if I get ssa or ssi. My co pays for my scripts and docters are putting me behind.
OK, I think I understand. You are wondering how YOU can get similar prescription coverage as your friend may have gotten. You indicate you are not on Medicaid. I am presuming that is because you have about $2000 month income, before Medicare premiums - i.e. your income is much higher than most on SSDIB. I think you will want to try 2 things: First, go to your medical assistance office and ask if they have any programs known for Prescription assistance when you are not poor enough for Medicaid. Also, when Medicare renewal comes up, you will want to consider buying a prescription policy that better covers your particular prescription needs. This takes some diligence! Part D coverage. You can also look into Advantage placs that cover Part B and Part D - sometimes, though you will be paying more in premiums each month, you pay LESS in copays, thereby saving money. Third, you will want to contact the manufacturers of the medicines you need to see if they provide assistance to lower incomed individuals. And lastly, you will want to speak to your prescribing doctor about alternative Rxs that may be cheaper but just has helpful - a generic or other alternative for your condition. As another thought - to keep more of your income in your pocket, if you can reduce your living expenses in other ways, that can help. It can mean downsizing to a smaller or less expensive dwelling, it can mean renting our a room to someone, so you are not paying the whole bill... it can mean getting rid of landline phone if you currently have cell and landline..... it can mean downsizing cable bill by getting rid of any extra cable channels if it will save you a lot... keeping just local, perhaps getting Netflix or Hulu instead, if you really need those extra TV choices. Just some ideas in case you hadn't considered them.
I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gottenanything less, please reply back, I amhappy to address follow-up questions. Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it. Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.Your online SS legal resource!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That I'm sorry was Not what I was asking. I have done all that . I am very frugal. I'm husk looking for the program my neighbor got on. If you guys don't know . then you don't know. There is a program out there that pays his prescription insurance and his scripts are two fifty. Also they sent him a check for nine thousand. I make less then him . my monthly is 1800. Before payout s. If you don't know again then you can't answer my question.
Well, I can't really read your neighbor's mind, programs come and go every few months, so what he got could be anywhere at this point. I am sorry I can't glean the information for you. You were in the Social Security area (which doesn't pay for prescriptions ever), which may have made your question appear to be a request for the official programs or where to find them, rather than a vague reference to one that you think your prior neighbor once had... But bot***** *****ne - it will either be through local medical assistance OR, through insurance policies that do you better than your current choice OR, through a manufacturer's offer. You need to pursue those areas, particularly the last two. No one will be able to pull any potential CURRENT offer like that out of thin air - you need to go to the source, I am afraid, and inquire. I am sorry it is not easier. "They" sent him a check for $9000. We don't know who "they" are - maybe he recently won a disability claim and had retroactive benefits?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thanks it was a simple question I asked when I went to the sight. I believe this lady found a government grant for him. Or stimalous. He doesn't know cause she did everything for him and now she no longer lives there and he didn't know how to find her. So that was all I wanted to know. If you knew about that.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want another. I just want my money back. You can't answer my question. It saidon tv I only had two weeks and my two weeks are up. So please just gave me my money back.
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq