Lane
Lane, JD,CFP, MBA, CRPS
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
1929974

I have misplaced the SSA-1099 form benefits paid in

Customer Question

I have misplaced the SSA-1099 form for my benefits paid in 2015. How do I get a duplicate copy for my wife and I.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi - I can help you here. My name's Lane....If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office....I hope this has helped....Please let me know if you have any questions at all....If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)… I will receive no crediting for the work here, if you do not rate....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, since 1986
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Sorry this links didn't come through...let me try putting them in individually...https://www.ssa.gov/signin...That was for going to the online SS account (or setting one up)...And here's the office locator...https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
To recap,...you can use that first link to go online and request,...use the second oneto find the closest SSA office...OR call 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
You can get a copy by any of these three methods....The online account will get you immediate access...If this HAS helped, and you DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit”)… I will receive no crediting for the work here, if you do not rate....Thank you!Lane