How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15716
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Have a new checking account so I need to change routing numbers

Customer Question

Have a new checking account so I need to change routing numbers - how to do that
Thanks ***@******.***
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloIf you already get benefits and you have a bank account, you can sign up for or change your direct deposit by:Setting up a my Social Security account and starting or changing your direct deposit online (Social Security benefits only);Contacting your bank, credit union or savings and loan association; orCalling Social Security at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****).Using the My Social Security Account my be the easier method.