How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask TaxRobin Your Own Question
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 15732
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
TaxRobin is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is this i see online if you were born before 1969 your

Customer Question

What is this i see online if you were born before 1969 your entitled to $60,000 . but you have to apply for this extra
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.
HelloToday is the last day you can file and suspend for SSA benefits. What Congress did was include language in the federal budget that changed the options you have about when and how to file for your Social Security benefits. Until May 1st, you enroll in Social Security but delay starting your benefits, allowing them to grow by 8 percent a year until you hit 70. That means an increase of 32 percent over what you would have gotten had you started collecting at age 66 — larger checks for the rest of your life. The file-and-suspend claiming strategy will no longer be available after April 30th.The $60,000 you read about is a possible amount you could receive if you use that now before it runs out.