How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lane Your Own Question
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 12486
Experience:  Law Degree, specialization in Tax Law and Corporate Law, CFP and MBA, Providing Financial, Social Security & Tax advice since 1986
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Lane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been on total disability since 2004 with just part A

Customer Question

I have been on total disability since 2004 with just part A as i had private insurance.I no longer have private insurance for doctors etc. so i need to get enrolled in part B.I have private prescription,dental,and vision insurance thru my union pension so I just need to know what to do to get SSI part B.Thank you Gerald Marks.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Hi Gerald,...Here's the site where you can enroll....
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Gerald, I just saw this:...If you already have Medicare Part A and wish to sign up for Medicare Part B only, please complete form CMS 40-B, Application for Enrollment in Medicare - Part B (Medical Insurance), and take or mail it to your local Social Security office.
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
I would highly recommend going in OR sending it via certified mail, return receipt
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have DON’T have other questions … I'd appreciate a positive rating (using the faces or stars on your screen, and then clicking “submit")...JustAnswer will not credit me for the time and work until you have rated in this way....Thank you!Lane……I hold a law degree (JD, Juris Doctorate), with concentration in Tax Law, Estate law & Corporate law, an MBA, with specialization in finance & tax, as well as CFP® and CRPS designations. - I’ve been providing financial, Social Security/Medicare, estate, corporate, both for-profit and non-profit, and tax advice, to clients on three continents, since 1986....
Expert:  Lane replied 1 year ago.
Did you see my follow-up?