How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask lev-tax Your Own Question
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 29800
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
lev-tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I did not receive my SS benefits statement this year because

Customer Question

I did not receive my SS benefits statement this year because my wife and I moved permanently to France for medical and financial reasons. on March 2nd this year Iwrote a long letter to my local SS Office in Lowell, MA, to ask them to send me this statement.
As of to-day, April 28 2016,I have had no response. I need it in order to complete my tax returns.
my name is*****
my SS number (last 4 digits):.............8321
My email address is:***@******.***
Could you help me in this matter ?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
That is very personal information - and only you personally may access your statement - or your legal representative.An SSA-1099 is a tax form we mail each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.If you are a noncitizen who lives outside of the United States and you received or repaid Social Security benefits last year, we will send you form SSA-1042S instead..
Expert:  lev-tax replied 1 year ago.
If you currently live in the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, we have a new way for you to get an instant replacement quickly and easily beginning February 1st by:Using your online my Social Security account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. Go to Sign In or Create an Account. Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents" tab;Calling us at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.; orContacting your local Social Security office.If you live outside of the United States and you need a replacement form SSA-1099 or SSA-1042S, please contact your nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate.As you are in France - contact American Embassy Federal Benefits Unit4 Avenue Gabriel 75382 Paris Cedex 08 FrancePhone:(###) ###-####2705 Fax:(###) ###-####2623 Email: ***@******.*** me know if that addressed your question..I appreciate if you take a moment to rate the answer.Experts are ONLY credited when answers are rated positively.If you still have any doubts, need clarification - please be sure to ask.I am here to help you with all tax related issues.