Barbara
Barbara, Enrolled Agent
Experience:  18+ years of experience in tax preparation; 25+ years of experience as a real estate/corporate paralegal.
71603090

I am 65 yo and I signed up to Medicare. I plan on working and

Customer Question

I am 65 yo and I signed up to Medicare. I plan on working and not collecting Social Security. Do I have to sign up for Social Security and suspend payment? Is this a separate issue from signing up for Medicare?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you.If you are within three months of age 65 or older and not ready to start your monthly cash benefits (social security) yet, you can sign up just for Medicare and apply for your retirement benefits later. https://www.ssa.gov/planners/retire/justmedicare.html Please let me know if I can assist you further.Thank you and best regards,Barb
Expert:  Barbara replied 1 year ago.
Just following up with you to see if you have any other questions or concerns. If so, please come back to me here, and I will be happy to assist you.Thank you and best regards,Barb