How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19492
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother to abroad and was supposed to come back within

Customer Question

hi my mother to abroad and was supposed to come back within 30 days but my father got very sick and eventually passed abroad,she could not report it social security, now she came back..but she received ssi for that 3 months over stay period..what to do to return that money
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i wanted to call and notify them but they always ask for her...can i do that...and she is schduled to come back soon but i dont want wait for her...i want to notify them...
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
You can only act for your mother if your mother has appointed you her Personal Representative. Otherwise, you need to wait till your mother comes back to report the death and the overpayment. Social Security Administration would give her specific instructions on how to return the overpayment. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.