How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 19632
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Between 2010 and 2011 our yearly benefits dropped from

Customer Question

Between 2010 and 2011 our yearly benefits dropped from 25,704 to 21,842. They have recovered gradually since then to 23,361 in 2015. We are still both alive and no change in marital status. Why the drop in benefits and how do we recover?
May I have an appointment to see someone in your Redwood City office to show documents on this situation? Telephone(###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Hello: You do not need to make appointment to go into any local office of Social Security Administration. You can go to the local office during service hours. Yes, that is a prudent thing to do: to take all your documents to a local office for review to find out why your payments dropped. This site is not affiliated with Social Security Administration. Kindly give a positive rating to my response so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.