dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

What are the 6 words I need to speak to get the additional

Customer Question

What are the 6 words I need to speak to get the additional $1,329.00 per month mentioned repeatedly on the internet. The loophole closing deadline is 3 days away and my local Social Security Office won't even answer the phone. Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  emc011075 replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to help you.I am sorry to disappoint you but what you see on internet or TV is misleading and not true. There no loopholes that would automatically increase your social security check. SSA is eliminating couple of social security options; file and suspend and spousal benefits. The loophole the internet is talking about maximizing your benefits by suspending one spouse's benefits and let the other spouse applying for the restricted application to maximize hers. Only very small percentage of social security recipient actually qualify and are willing to suspend their benefits until 70. If you were 62 at the end of 2015, the new changes will not affect your choices or benefits. You will still be able to apply for your spousal benefits if you are eligible for one. Since you are already collecting your benefits, file and suspend most likely will not apply to you.